HC Series, Blowdown Heat Recovery Systems, High Capacity (4,000 – 50,000 lbs/hr capacity)
- SAVES $$$ – Payback period is typically < 1 year.
- LARGE CAPACITIES – (10) standard models available with capacities ranging from 4,000 to 50,000 lbs/hr.
- CONSTRUCTION – ASME Div I, Sec. VIII Vessels, 150 PSI @ 450 deg. F. Mechanically actuated design requires little to no maintenance or operator assistance.
- FEATURES – Removable SS U-tube bundle heat exchanger, custom manifolds for multiple boilers, level controller, high level alarm, temperature panel, and more.
- Check out our Heat Recovery Brochure.
- CONTACT US for selection/design assistance and pricing.
Madden Type HC Continuous Boiler Blowdown Heat Recovery Systems feature blowdown capacities up to 50,000 lbs. per hour. These HC series heat recovery systems work using the flash steam principle. When hot boiler blowdown enters the unit, it hits a baffle, this along with the pressure change causes some of the water to turn to flash steam. This flash steam is then sent off to the D/A tank to be reused. The remaining hot water is cooled with the U tube bundle at the bottom of the unit using cooling water. The cooled blowdown is then at statute limits for safe disposal and the resulting heated-up cooling water is now boiler feed water supplied to the D/A tank.
- Recovers 90% of lost heat
- Payback period of less than 12 months is common
- No solids build-up
- ASME code welded combined flash tank and heat exchanger vessel 150 psi construction.
- U tubes of type 304 stainless steel. Tubes can be easily removed for inspection, cleaning, and replacement.
- Pressure gauge
- External float valve of balanced pressure design. Only the float mechanism is inside the flash tank. Maintains sufficient blowdown water level in the flash tank to cover exchanger tubes at all times.
- The temperature gauge panel continuously shows the performance of the unit and furnishes data to calculate savings.
- Orifice meter flow controls are precision instruments that accurately control the rate of blowdown. Proven in thousands of installations (Available as an option).
- Customized inlet flow control manifold. Six boilers or more can easily be tied into one heat recovery system.
- Relief Valve
- Gauge glass set
- 6” x 8” Handhole for inspection
- Heavy-duty saddle type mounting base
- High-level float with alarm (optional)
- Makeup water inlet flanged connection
- Makeup water outlet flanged connection
- Flanged flash steam vent connection
HC Series – HC40 thru HC160
|Blowdown Capacity lb/hr||4,000||8,000||12,000||16,000|
|A – (OAL)||64″||70″||75″||87″|
|C – (Vent)||3″||4″||4″||6″|
|D – (PRV)||1-1/4”||1-1/2″||2″||2″|
|E – (# of Tubes)||30||30||45||45|
|F – (HX Area SF)||44||47||79||97|
|G – (Inlet/Outlet)||3″||3″||4″||4″|
|H – (Drain)||1″||1″||1-1/4″||1-1/2″|
|Shipping Weight in lbs.||1,000||1,200||1,400||1,900|
HC Series – HC200 thru HC500
|Blowdown Capacity lb/hr||20,000||24,000||28,000||32,000||36,000||50,000|
|A – (OAL)||99″||111″||130″||142″||154″||138″|
|C – (Vent)||6″||6″||8″||8″||8″||8″|
|D – (PRV)||2″||2″||3″||3″||3″||4″|
|E – (# of Tubes)||45||45||45||45||45||63|
|F – (HX Area SF)||115||132||150||168||186||250|
|G – (Inlet/Outlet)||4″||4″||6″||6″||6″||6″|
|H – (Drain)||1-1/2″||2″||2″||2″||2″||2″|
|Shipping Weight in lbs.||2,300||2,700||3,100||3,500||3,900||4,500|
To learn more about our HC Series Blowdown Heat Recovery Systems, click here to contact us.