- 6 models ranging from 2,000-3,500 lbs/hr capacity
- Vertical type heat exchanger
- ASME code welded combined flash tank and head exchanger vessel
- 150 psi construction
- Temperature gauge panel continuously shows the performance of the unit and furnishes data to calculate savings
Madden Type HX Continuous Boiler Blowdown Heat Recovery Systems feature blowdown capacities up to 3,500 lbs. per hour. These HX series heat recovery systems do not use the flash steam principle. They act as a small vertical heat exchanger. When hot boiler blowdown enters the unit, it is cooled by passing through a copper or stainless steel tube coil while counter flowing cooling water is passing through on the shell side. The cooled blowdown is then at statute limits for safe disposal and the resulting heated up cooling water is now boiler feed water supplied to the D/A tank.
- ASME code welded flash tank and heat exchanger vessel, 150 psi construction Section VIII, Div. 1. With National Board Serial Number and “U” stamp.
- Copper and stainless steel coils available
- 3 temperature gauges showing the drain, feed water inlet, and feed water outlet temperatures.
|Coil Area (SF)||17||17||21||21||25||25|
|Coil Material||Copper||304 SS||Copper||304 SS||Copper||304 SS|
|C – BD Inlet NPTF||1-1/2″||1-1/2″||1-1/2″||1-1/2″||1-1/2″||1-1/2″|
|D – Blowdown Drain NPTF||1-1/2″||1-1/2″||1-1/2″||1-1/2″||1-1/2″||1-1/2″|
|E- Shell Inlet NPT||2-1/2″||2-1/2″||2-1/2″||2-1/2″||2-1/2″||2-1/2″|
|F – Shell Outlet NPT||2-1/2″||2-1/2″||2-1/2″||2-1/2″||2-1/2″||2-1/2″|
|G – Temp Gauges||3||3||3||3||3||3|
To learn more about our HX Series Blowdown Heat Recovery Systems, click here to contact us today!